Friday, August 23, 2013

Man of humility ....

Hi...Ladies...I have finally joined the elite...I got a new phone... and I am having fun playing with it...
This is an app my daughter found for my text messages...it is so cute and pink....!!!!!! on a not so pink note....I want to thank God for my daddy.....


My father turned 80 on Thursday...he is a strong man of God..but he wasn't always...about 20 years ago he gathered all of kids... put us in a circle . And knelt before each one of us...washing our feet and asking us to forgive him for not raising us up in the Lord...of course we had no ill feeling towards Papa..but he did this for himself...it released him and taught us how mighty a humble man can be!


7 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

Your father sounds like a wonderful man. What a great blessing. I love that text app! I wonder if Siri would recognize it...hmmm.
Have a lovely weekend,
Robin

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Have Happy Pink Saturday :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet message! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Judy Schultz said...

Love the app and very appropriate for PS :). God bless your father on his 80th birthday xx

Debby Ray said...

What a sweet story! You will always have that precious memory to cling to! Love the pink text app...I still have a dumb phone :)

Happy Pink Saturday!

Debby

Jeanne Baney said...

God bless you Papa. Happy 80th! I love your comment app. I'm going hunting for it or something like it. Who knew?

Sherry said...

What a sweet memory.

Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday!
Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

The Porcelain Rose said...

What a wonderful story. Touching.
Thank you sharing.
Best,
Elizabeth