Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy...Happy Birthday!

Today, I wanted to remember my Aunt Patty.....she was my friend ...my second Mama....my inspiration ...she was FUNNY..creative...she taught me how to crochet and craft..we did everything....in the months before she passed she was trying to teach me to oil paint..which I never could catch on to...she loved her nieces and nephews...she would tell each one of us we were her favorite....she loved the Lord...she was just a fun person to be around... she loved to tell stories...she insisted that we were related to the Moniques...from Romeo and Juliet.... I sure do miss her .... the 14 th is her birthday.
My Mother on the left...Aunt Patty on the right...they had been swimming all afternoon.. they are probably making a salad together in heaven...
Patricia Joyce Hall...9 years old....would you ever see a nine year old dressed like this today..she was visiting my Mom in Virgina on the Navy base....I was born the year she turned 9
Sudy...Patty (the baby), my Mom(Nada) holding her...Bobby looking on........SISTERS

Aunt Patty gave me these, they were in her room..when I was about nine I remember thinking how cool these were and wishing I could have them....Well,gotta go for now...have a great week-end...thank God for the ones you love..and love them while they are still here. I am linking with Beverly from "How Sweet the Sound " for Pink Saturday...



Oh, and also this morning someone tried to snatch a jr. high girl from around the middle school..they told her to get in the car but she ran and screamed ..made it to the school...they shut everything down and blocked off the roads but the people could not be found....we live in a small town...people around here let their kids walk and ride bikes everywhere...even small town America is not safe...thanking God that she is ok! Just a reminder to watch our kidos...




15 comments:

Suzann said...

What a sweet tribute to your Aunt Patty.
Love the little books she gave to you.
Happy Pink Saturday!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Cindy said...

What a loving tribute to your Aunt! She was a beautiful lady. Thanks for sharing her with us! I'm your newest follower!
Hugs, Cindy

Annesphamily said...

What a terrific tribute to your aunt Patty! I had a favorite aunt too. Ang, she was a woman ahead of her times and always dressed to the nines! Made most of her own clothing and she was just so inspiring. I wish I could time back! HPS!
As for a child nearly getting kidnapped, if the politically correct govt. cared about us they would put a bullet in their head and our streets would be safe. Child molesters are and always will be! No amount of "caring and treatment" can help them. They need to not be able to walk the streets
and our children would be safe! Too many special interest groups. No concern for the tax payer picking up the tab!

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous!

Please come see my Pink, when you get a chance. Happy weekend!

Tricia said...

What lovely memories of your aunt. I have an aunt that I love dearly - my mother's baby sister. Thankfully, she is still around. Glad to hear the girl in your town is ok. You can never be too careful. Happy PS!
Tricia

sissie said...

I can see that you loved your Aunt very much. I think that we all have the one favorite Aunt whom we adored. Love the old photos.
This is a very sweet tribute to her.
I remember those autograph books. Loved them.

hugs
Sissie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

I remember those autograph books! so cool. How nice that you had such a loving aunt. Happy PS!

Debbie

suesueb said...

What cool autograph books and a lovely tribute to your aunt and mom! I'm still visiting this week too, in between seeing my daughter and her new baby at the hospital. Thanks for stopping by! Happy pink week!!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Your Aunt Patty sounds like a very special lady and very pretty too. Don't you just love old photos. I wonder how we will look at old digital photos in the future. They won't have much patina on them will they? Have a wonderful week and happy Pink Saturday.

Marianne C. said...

Hi, Kandy...how sweet your nostalgia about your aunt. Isn't it wonderful to be remembered so fondly and affectionately.

Glad the little girl was safe.

Blessings always,
Marianne

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What a nice tribute to your Aunt. I was just telling my little Bebe about how much I loved spending time with my Grandma when I opened up your post so I was halfway in tears already! It is so nice to love and be loved in return, isn't it?

Daniella said...

Aunt Patty would be so proud!! That was such a lovely post!!
And how scary about the jr. high student! Your town sounds like mine, where we let our children come and go and now, I will tell them this story, and make them check in much more!! Thank you for the warning!!
HPS!
xxDaniella

Sares said...

Your Aunt sounds like a special lady. I love looking at other people's old photos, the hair/clothing styles are just so fun to see!

I don't know what is wrong with people, what would make a person think it is okay to kidnap someone, a child no less. There are so many crazy people in the world. Hope you are having a wonderful week.

KarenHarveyCox said...

I loved, loved this tribute. You made me remember those sweet diaries. I had one of those, and your photos brought me down memory lane. Wishing your Aunt Patty a lovely Birthday. Elizabeth's fabric was shipped out today from Spoonflower, I got the notification. So, she should have it by Saturday. Wishing you a lovely evening.
Karen

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

Nice tribute! Would love to see all the pillow cases that Elizabeth makes, that would be terrific! Hugs Marilou