Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fifty Something....

Can you believe that Jan. is almost over???? Time just fly's by anymore....this has been a reflective month for me...not sure why..but it just doesn't seem like I could be fifty something.... still feel the same as I did when I was twenty....I think that is why I love these pictures of the women in the fifties...they seem suspended in time....with their skinny little waists...their perfect dresses...hair...smiles....they are always the same...this era makes me smile...maybe because I was born in the fifties....well, anyway I just wanted to show off my newest journal...I made a couple of weeks ago....it makes me smile too!
Ya'll have a great week end...thanks for the comments.....and GOD Bless!


8 comments:

Genie said...

Your 50’s girls remind me of the Simplicity patterns I used to buy. They do bring back the memories. This is my first visit to your blog, and I just love the way you have designed it...very warm and inviting. I do like this post so much, but then those that take me down my own memory lane hold a special spot in ht heart. HPS to you and all.

Tricia said...

Very nice! I'm in the same boat with you - fifty something! But inside I still feel like the same me. Love your journal. Have a blessed Pink Sat.

Tricia

Michelle said...

That jounnel is adorable, one can never have too many. Love the fashions of the fifites. Happy PS.

Susie Jefferson said...

How fabulous - I LOVE this journal! I do a lot of bookbinding, so this was my idea post to read (sigh).

Happy Pink Saturday and hugs from the UK!

Donnie said...

That is such an adorable journal. I love how they dressed back then too.

CailinMarie said...

love your journal. I agree - there is something wonderful about the images of women and the dresses they wore in the 50s.
Happy Pink saturday!

suesueb said...

I know, time does fly and although I'm fifty something also, I still feel young inside! Love the journal cover, so cute!! Hope you have a wonderful pink week!!

peppermint said...

I love your journal Kandy. I always have 2 or 3 going at the same time. Sorry you haven't heard from me in so long. I've been at the doctors several times, having tests done and then my computer crashed. sorry I missed your birthday. I will be mailing your gift(s) out this week. Hope you'll forgive me. Love ya dear friend.
Hugs, Patti