Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grandmas Pink Sofa

These are my Grandmothers , they have both gone to be with the Lord.The little short one is "Lewrilla Morgan"...she never wore make-up...she never drove a car....she never went to the movies....she hardly ever smiled...now, that I am older I realize she was probably going through menopause ...bless her little heart! She had this wonderful baby pink Naugahyde sectional sofa.... I remember sitting on it just rubbing my hand back and forth; thinking it was so beautiful...and when more than one person would sit on it it would slide apart because she had hard wood floors.hahaha what fun !...and the curtains were gray and pink with crazy shapes...I use to think when I grow up I want a sofa just the same! Well, I never got the pink sofa but I did inherit a love for PINK....
The other lovely lady is" Bonnie Ruth Wolf"....she was'nt so crazy about pink...but she always wore make-up....she drove till she was in her 8o's....Grandma,"Turn left" and her blinker would go left and her car would go right...and I think she loved the movies....notice her big bow...love it! She would always give me her old purses...and give me..."business" to put in it...old compacts ,old lipstick containers ,Kleenex , paper and pen, and of course MONEY...then I was all set. She would call me not long before she passed and talk to me about heaven....she was alittle afraid ...but by the time our talk was over she would feel better...
Sure do miss these Grandmothers !
 
Thanks to Beverly for hosting our Pink Saturday....I pray that your week will be filled with peace !
God Bless You

10 comments:

sissie said...

I have really enjoyed reading about your Grandmothers! Each one different, yet unique. I love pink too and your photos.

Happy Pink Saturday.

hugs
Sissie

Mary said...

Kandy, found your blog from another blog....love your post about your grandmothers, gave me smiles this morning. That is such a lovely story about the purses and 'business' to put in it. My darling granddaugher, 6, is going thru a love of purses right now. I hope I am creating beautiful memories for her.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Carey said...

Thats was a nice story about your Grandmas. I know they would be happy that you wrote a post about them with special memories. I love,love,love the pink kitch pictures. I hope that comes back in style again.
Hugs,
Carey

Terri said...

Memories -- I remember old purses of my mom's, finding them with tissue, doublemint gum wrappers, lipstick and powder cases. Of course, back then -- they were all gold and metal with mirrors and pearls. I enjoyed reading about your grandmothers. Have a good one. Blessings Terri

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

A pink kitchen, how wonderful is that! Thanks for sharing about your grandmas!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Kandy Sweetie...
What a beautiful share and thank you SO much for introducing me to your two beautiful Grandmothers. What a lovely share.

Momma and Daddy had one of those gorgeous sofas as well. I loved the feel too. Thank you for giving me back that memory. What a treasure.

I loved it getting purses of love as well, and the treasures inside were priceless. I so wish that we could turn back the clocks don't you? Both of my grandmother's have passed as well, and what we would change and make use of the time hu?

Have a gorgeous Pink Saturday sweetie. Again thank you SO much for the memories and the beautiful share.

Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

Donnie said...

Such sweet tributes to your grandmothers. Happy Pink Saturday.

Deanna said...

Kandy, I enjoyed reading about your Grandmothers. I think you should devote a whole post on each of them. I love reading about people's family history. I would have loved to have seen those curtains!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Maison Mutt said...

Your grandmas looked quite stylish (makeup or not). Love the hat!
Happy PS!
Licks & Wags, Niki

Anonymous said...

this is renee and thats soo sad she never drove a car never went to the movies. cant wat to come see you i just keep praying. love y'all bye