Friday, August 27, 2010

An Inspiring Saturday!!!

This afternoon I was thinking and praying about what to write today....there are so many people that come to mind when I think of struggle...hard times...fortitude....strength....and because this is mainly for us pink girly girls ...I kept thinking I should  write about one of the many women that have inspired me..but my Dad just kept popping up....In the picture above he is the little one in his daddies arms
He grew up like many children..poor but happy.....
He fell in love and married my mom......but that is not what has inspired me...
It is how he has risen above all , life has thrown at him...the death of a child...divorce...boy! could I write a book! What I wanted to share today was a wonderful experience  that my brothers and sister shared with Papa....he gathered us all( kids and grand kids) together for a cook--out; or so we thought.... after the meal was done he put us all in circle around him and brought out a basin filled with water and starting with the oldest,( which is me) ...he washed our feet and asked us to forgive him for not raising us up in the Lord...he whispered something in each of our ears just for us to know...it was one of the most beautiful  experiences of my life...it took a lot of courage for that one act of humility. Papa just had his 77th birthday, I am so proud of him...and I love him very much! No pink here except for a few noses! Snif Snif!
Thank you to Beverly once again ...and do not forget 
-$1.00 Donated for ALL COMMENTS: RECEIVED AT THE KATILLAC SHACK, PINK SATURDAY, SPIRITUAL SUNDAY & COUNTRY WINGS IN PHOENIX
EARN A $1.00 DONATION IN YOUR NAME FOR THE NEXT MIRACLE MAKEOVER FOR SOMEONE IN NEED!
 And, be certain to post this event to Facebook, and for another $1.00 donation leave  a comment at www.facebook.com/guideposts.  Be certain to thank Guideposts for sponsoring the video, tell them what you like about the video, and be sure to click "Like It".
God Bless You

10 comments:

Annesphamily said...

You made me cry! I have cried a lot tonight and will cry more over this weekend. The stories I am reading are beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your sweet papa with us! Come see me too. Anne

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kandy Sweetie...
What a beautiful share this evening. Your sweet Daddy, and the way he shared with each of you. Gently washing each of your feet and sharing a secret only for you. I love this heart warming story sweet friend.

Just beautiful, and I am so honored you shared this with me this evening. Thank you for touching my heart in such a special way. I also want to thank you for the Miracle Weekend participation.

Colette is such a dear friend and I know what this miracle makeover did for her. I want to help raise as much as I can for the next miracle makeover party. Please stop by and help my $1.00 comments add up on my blog. I love to have you visit.

Many Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Kelee Katillac said...

Happy birthday to you Papa! Very inspiring.

Thank-you so much for your kind post! I am so happy you are on The Miracle Team!

I appreciate you so much! HPS!

love to you!

Sarah said...

Now that is the best one yet! Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful memory of your daddy. You are so blessed!


Have a wonderful day! Be sure to visit my blog for a great giveaway!

Sarah
***Visit my blog for a GIVEAWAY and new linking party!***
http://bloggingwhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-wednesday-party-link-up-giveway-too.html

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kandy. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special, and for taking part in this day of celebration and thanks.

There truly are miracles going on all around us every day. We just have to open our hearts in acceptance.

Thank you for sharing your sweet Daddy with us. This experience he shared with each of you is one of the greatest and most touching testaments I've ever heard.

LV said...

Sometimes it takes some of us longer to realize what is so important in this life. Your dad is fine example and you are blessed.

Ann said...

Oh my goodness!!!! It's take enormous humility to wash peoples feet. I'm sure this was one of the most important days in your whole life. How beautiful. Happy Miracle Saturday.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Oh Kandy,
You are so blessed to have such a wonderful father. Treasure every minute you spend with him.
I, too, had a wonderful dad. He's been gone since Feb '09 but I treasure my memories.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Warm hugs, Laura

Ann said...

Kandy, Thanks for commenting-as to your question we live in Kansas City, Kansas. Have a great day!!!
Ann

peppermint said...

What a beautiful post! Very precious, just like you!

Hugs, Patti