Friday, August 6, 2010

Homemade Pink Laundry Soap

I made this laundry soap a while back...just because I thought it was so pretty.....but after using it...I actually prefer it to store bought..I had to order some of the supplies on line..so I was slow to make another batch....I am so glad I did..my clothes smell so fresh and look cleaner
And...well... it is just fun to make.....
it almost looks good enough to eat!!!!!
Isn't it pretty !?!
about 89 cents.....
You can use a food processor but I don't have one so this seems to work just as well...
The little scoop is a coffee measuring spoon...it is 1/8 of a cup....I only use this much for most of my loads...two if I think it is extra dirty...and I have a front loading machine....
It just looks so pretty sitting on my washer...makes a dreary job ...cheerful !
 I chose " Thru Pink Curtains" for you to take a look at this week-end...I picked her blog cause I have the very same curtains in my dining room... they are just dreamy! Have a Pink Blessed Week! Don't forget Beverly...give her a blog hug for all her work...

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow-I think this is so neat-gonna have to try it! Thanks for the idea! Happy Pink Saturday!

Marydon said...

Hadn't heard of this, fun to try, for sure.
Have a lovely PINK weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Kandy Sweetie...
Oh my gosh, making my own soap. Now I haven't done this one as of yet, but you know if times get tougher we all may be making our own soap again.

At least you will be prepared. It would be lots of fun to try. Remember you can't say you don't like something if you haven't tried it.

Thanks for sharing sweetie. A beautiful Pink Saturday post and it does look so elegant sitting on the washer. I love it.

Many hugs sweetie...Sherry

Ann said...

Kandy, I'm new to your blog, and this looks great! I must have missed the "recipe" in some former post. Could you share it again? (or link to the recipe post?) I want to try this!

Thanks,
Annie

Fun With This and That said...

Is it not allot of work? have a good week our summer is almost done. Laura Q

Self Sagacity said...

Very cool, I would love to make some. Or turn everything I own to pink, and this is another place to do so. Good idea.

luluslovlies said...

What a great idea for laundry soap! Happy Pink Saturday! Have a Pinky great weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

Now that looks awesome- almost good enough to eat. I should give it a try!

Happy PS!
Maggie @
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

sissie said...

What pretty laundry soap. I might have to make some myself just because it's pink!

hugs
Sissie

Caroline said...

I'm going to look into making this soap....its so pretty in the jar. I've seen a similar one in blogland before but I like how it looks with the pink soap.