Friday, April 9, 2010


I hope everyone had a great Easter...ours was very pleasant...I found myself thinking how many times have I stood at this sink looking through these curtains washing dishes and preparing a meal..and feeling very blessed that I am able to it and that I have a family to do it for....

These curtains are the palest of pink and they are part of a larger set that my Grandmother gave to me...she bought them for 87.00 close to 80 years ago..the little short woman in the picture below ...Lewrilla...that is my Dads mother..she has been gone now for several years..

She also gave me this little lady that sat in her living room for years

This last picture is not pink..but I am tickled pink over these two last babies God has blessed me with.....

God Bless you each one...be thankful this next week!



5 comments:

peppermint said...

Your kids are so funny. Reminds me of when mine were still under our roof and some days they had me in stitches with laughter. Glad you had a nice Easter. BTW I love your pink figurine. Every time I look at that pink bling clock you sent me I think of you. Glad our friendship has stood the test of "time". Hugs and glitter, Patti

Martha said...

I remember those type of curtains -- how great that you have your grandmother's! And I can't believe $87 80 years ago -- that was a LOT of money!

A great pink choice!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Love that precious pink figurine!
HPS!!
Debbie

Marydon Ford said...

Love anything that was a family members before me ... you are so fortunate to have the curtains & figurine.

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Those curtains and figurine are so pretty and charming! What memories! Happy Pink Saturday! Hope to see you back at my place...