Friday, February 5, 2010

Pink from the 50's...


Boy, has this been a week...how bout...you?
Well,sit back with something warm to drink and a cozy blanket...and lets visit all our Pink Sisters!
Inside this treasure box was an old watch still in the case and an old spoon..why the spoon? I never got to ask her....there is a lock on the side that use to have a key.

This is the back of the" piggy bank"..there is a slot in the top to drop coins.
My pink for today is a couple of things my Aunt Patty gave me...
She was nine years old when I was born...so by the time she was a teenager I was in aah of her. She had these in her room and when we would visit her I would just look at these and think...those are just so cool...I want to be just like her when I get big....well, the years passed ..lots of ups and lots of downs..she and I were very close...sniff...sniff...so on with the story...she was cleaning out closets one day and gave these to me...she had no idea that I had secretly wanted them..in fact I had forgotten about them until I saw them. She has since gone to be with Jesus; so these are extra special.I sure do miss her!
God bless you each through out the rest of the week!


13 comments:

Shabbychicdiva said...

Oh my I love these. They are SOO cute!! Love love!! And they have such special memories for you which is even better!! Have a great weekend! Winona

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sweetie...
Happy Pink Saturday and what beautiful treasures you have today. They have your millions in them. How wonderful that your Aunt gave these to you, and that you were able to share these with each of us today. I do so love them. It reminds me of something that I remember too, somewhere in my past seeing, but I haven't remembered from where just yet.

Have a beautiful Saturday sweetie. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and let me share my pink post with you. Country hugs...Sherry

KayEllen said...

Oh I just love this:)
Happy Pink Saturday!

Smiles,
Kay Ellen

sissie said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
I love your pinks and how sweet of your Aunt to give them too you.
I think I might of had one of those when I was a kid. Mine was an autograph book.

Sissie

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

So cute!
Debbie

The Artful Paper Doll said...

Hi Kandy,

Thank you so much for sharing a bit your pink family history.

Sending magical fairy wishes once again for a .•*˙˙*•.HaPPy PiNk SaTuRdaY!.•*˙˙*•.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

Terri Morse said...

Oh Candy, I was so touched by your story! Some day you'll be with your sweet aunt again. Such wonderful treasures and memories she left you. I love vintage 50s. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely story and your treasures with us. I'm amazed at how much richer my life has become, for getting to know all of our blogging friends. Have a wonderful weekend and stop by for a visit if you're able. Hugs, Terri

Gracie Jewellery said...

Love your Pinks! Happy Pink Saturday.
Please don't forget to visit me. It will be your only chance to enter my giveaway.
Nancy

Ann Creek said...

These books from the 50's are priceless. I have a blue one I really like. Memories tied to them make them so special.

Ann
tin and sparkle

♥ItaJeff♥ @Something To Share said...

These are so precious and priceless. How wonderful you aunt to give it to you. Thank you for sharing it with us. Happy Pink Saturday

peppermint said...

Oh how sweet!
Hugs and glitter, Patti

Mary said...

Those are so cool! They jog a memory in there somewhere with me. So neat how she ended up giving them to you and now you have a full-circle memory and treasure that belonged to her.
Great Pinks~

Jillian said...

Hi Kandy! Visited your blog today as I'm writing up my Pink Saturday post. I'm going to share your blog with the rest of the pinkies this weekend! It is so yummy looking!