Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Memory....

The old picture in the burgundy frame is me about three years old..although I don't remember taking this picture...it is one of the few reminders of my life when all seemed rosy and bright...I can see my Mother in her starched dress reaching high above the kitchen cabinets to store Christmas goodies that we could not partake of till Christmas Eve....my Mother made Christmas so wonderful ,she kept us all excited...awaiting the arrival of Santa.....unfortunately these days were cut short as my parents divorced and things never were quite the same...but I have tried to instill this same excitement that Mother did for us ...with the addition of teaching my children about our Precious Savior ...whom without there would be no Christmas.....
......I do not look to happy......
Here are just a few of my Christmas pretties....
enjoy...and slow down and take time for your family in this busy season..it is something you will have to JUST do..it does not come easy...
till next time God Bless !!!!


I tried to change the C to a K in Kandy Kane Lane...since my name is Kandy.




16 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Kandy, Love all your Christmas Decorations...Do hope you have time to stop over at my place for a visit...
Merry Christmas
xoxo
Julie

DeNiece Barnes said...

Hello Kandy, everything is just beatiful, what wonderful decorations....

Tami said...

Hi Kandy..what pretties you have all full of sparkle!! Just beautiful!
Many Blessings..xo Tami

♥Mimi♥ said...

On this first Saturday of December ♥Jappy Pink Saturday♥. I was away for a while and sure missed running around the blogs arnd seeing all of the goodies everyone was sharing.

Thanks for the memory...

It was a blessing for you to make my morning so much fun. Hoping that you and those you care about spend a wonderful weekend making memories that will last a lifetime☺

GWENDOLYN said...

Your Christmas decor is lovely. Pink Blessings!
Gwen

Mollye said...

Hi Kandy, Thanks for sharing and the main thing is the teaching you are giving to your own kids. That is the real deal. Hugs, Mollye

Cathy said...

Hi Kandy,

I am astonished at how many ladies are blogging about how difficult the holidays can be. Remembering childhood holidays are not always cheery and bright.

I'm skipping the decorating this year for the first time in my life. I just can't find the spirit, but I am enjoying every one else' decorations.

Happy holidays,

Cathy

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Kandy,

Love your pretty pink decorations.
My parents divorced too when I was 12. I know what you mean about them not being the same. thanks for sharing your story. Holiday blessings to you!

Debbie

Mary said...

Oooo,pretty pictures, Kandy. And you're right, we need to be mindful of keeping the season peaceful and filled with love. We get so blessed when we do. It's wonderful you were able to share the true meaning of Christmas with your children. Your blog is so beautiful...all warm and Christmas-y.
Happy Pink Saturday, too~

peppermint said...

Oh Kandy, you need to come to my house and help me decorate. I can't seem to find the energy to do it right now. But seeing your pretties does get me excited to pull them out of the boxes. Your Christmas background and header turned out great! I had picked out the same background but it did not go with my header when I finished. Please stop by and let me share a Christmas memory with you. Hugs and Glitter, Patti

Mary said...

Your beautiful home looks all set for the holiday. I know you are creating wonderful memories for those you love. Have a great day.

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Your holiday decor is beautiful!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

The Isaacs said...

Hey Aunt Kandy,
Looking at your house pictures makes me miss you!!!
Love you!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kandy.

Your decorations are beautiful, and I love Kandy Kane Lane.

Divorce is so hard for all involved, and it is especially hard on children. I know you are making a wonderful life for your family.

Tina ~ Blessings Friends. said...

oooo, can I just snuggle on your couch for a bit? Everything look so beautiful!!!!

someplace in thyme said...

Kandy, your home is gorgeous and your decorations are so beautiful. I know what you mean about divorce, I am a child of that and it was not easy for any of us. We need to close out the world each day, shut the door and enjoy our families, time goes so fast, Happy Pink Saturday, Char