Monday, July 20, 2009

Changing your blog.....


I was driving around blogland this week end ..reading here and there ,and came across a blog that was telling what people like when they visit blogs....

Well.....apparently I am doing everything wrong....

1st ....I have more than one blog..she was saying that people like to have "all of you" in one place..they don't like to go from blog to blog to figure out who you are...this makes since....

2nd...people do not like color and lots of cute stuff on your page..she said it distracts people..I for one like all the fluff on other blogs and mine as well but we do want people to visit us..don't we???

3rd....people do not like things in the side bar...to much distraction again...

4th... I can not remember all things that would improve your traffic but by the time I was done I realized I have failed yet again....

So my question is how do YOU feel about this???

3 comments:

Riet said...

I love to see different kind of blogs so don't let tell anybody how to make yours.

peppermint said...

Well, I like color so it really attracts my eye when I see something colorful rather than white. As far as things on your sidebar, I found so many useful links and interesting ideas! We are not going to please everybody and if that person was to visit my blog I'm sure she wouldn't like what I've done but that's okay, I know others do. But we can certainly learn from others and glean from them. Check out the periodical called "Artful Blogging". I have found good ideas and inspiration from it. Your doing a good job Kandy. Love and prayers, Patti

Beansieleigh said...

Well, I don't know who this "expert" was, but I don't agree at all. I find half the fun in seeing what people have on their sidebar! It's like visiting someone's home, and you're seeing how they decorate it. Buttons and links, to me, are like family pictures around this person's "home"/blog. These are you blogging-friends-n-family! I think your blog is very pleasant to the eyes, so let the "expert" worry about his/her OWN blog, and you just keep doing what you're doing! (0; ~tina