Friday, May 8, 2009

An Inheritance!!!!

Morning all you PINK LADIES ......I pray you all had wonderful weeks....be sure and stop by as many PINK bloggies as you can..it is fun to get those comments....
I was tired of the curtains hanging in my dining room so I pulled these Priscilla curtains out of the closet and gave them a quick wash...they are so light and airy....and they are old..... my grandmother....Lewrilla Morgan.. had them hanging in her house when I was a little girl some 48 years ago...I am now 54..she bought them with the inheritance she received when her mother died...a mere $87.00....wow, what an inheritance ....I never asked her why she chose curtains..she had a baby pink vinyl sectional couch...I always thought it was so pretty. Would'nt we love to have that now???!!!





Well, Happy Pink Mothers Day everyone...hug your Mothers and treat them special..be thank full if yours is here to hug ....I would love to be able to hug mine again...but I bet she is having a pretty grand Mothers Day with the King of Kings! And my little Paul! Happy Birthday..sweetie!

12 comments:

Melly said...

Oh they are gorgeous curtains, I love the pray often sign & bird house soooo sweet.
Happy Mothers Day & happy Pink Saturday!!
Melly:)

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

Your curtains are gorgeous, all your pretties are so sweet!!
Happy Mother's Day and Happy Pink Saturday to you too
♥ Teresa

Sarah Bella's said...

LOL, Mama...biggest loser is on tuesday's. I don't think I would want that car but William does. LOL I am putting my make-up on while reading your post & having to blink back the tears. I know that mother's day is so hard for you...lots of bad memories on that day:( I love you & I am thankful that I can hug you!
Happy birthday to Paul from his big sissy whom he would probably be irritated by seeing as how he would get away with nothing!!!! I love you

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday and Have a great Mother's Day ~ Susan

♥Mimi♥ said...

Such a l♥vely post for Pink Saturday. This is the one day of the week when I get to visit some of the best blogs in cyberspace and indulge my passion for pink.

Happy Mother's Day. I wish you all the peace and joy that a day in celebration of motherhood can bring. You don't have to grow a baby in your womb to be a mother...all you have to do is to l♥ve a human being with compassion and tenderness.

Debby said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I loved reading your post and the curtains are beautiful, as is all of your pretty pinks. Love the flowers.
Happy Mother's Day.
Debby

Pony Girl said...

What a special thing to have....those are fun, gorgeous curtains, I love sheers! Your grandmother's name was really neat too, I've never heard that before!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Claudia said...

Love the story about the curtains! Happy Pink Saturday!

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

My mom always had Pricilla curtains. She gave them to me. Just recently I asked her if she wanted them back. Now they are on her enclosed front porch. They must be 30 or more years old. Yours are just gorgeous. Pink! Happy Pink Saturday!

someplace in thyme said...

I love the paleness of your curtains, the blooms and container are so nice, Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mothers Day too, Char

peppermint said...

Don't those curtains give your place a bright airy feel? You really have a way with your decorating touches! I know how hard it is for you on Mother's day. Mom's are really special and I know you are to your children also! I love you dear friend. Your always in my thoughts and prayers. Have a cup of tea (and poppyseed bread) and think of me!

maidenshade said...

Knock Knock, it's MaidenShade Visiting!

Just stopped by to say "bonjour", and to offer a belated Pink Saturday response as I had a minor operation and got behind. Your blog is just lovely!

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com
MaidenShade.com