Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday...........


Beverly's baby is one year old......wow....thank you, Beverly and Gods Blessings to you all the wonderful pink ladies in bloggyland.....
I know we are looking forward to many more Pink Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....birthdays..make me think of my little Paul whose birthday was the 7 th of May and that day was also the day he entered his eternal life. He would have been 15 years old....
part of my pink today is his rose bush........

Good friends of ours planted this rose bush in honor of him..it is now 15 years old and every spring till early fall we get beautiful roses..and every time we see them we are reminded of Paul. I took these pictures last night as I watched my 13 year old son play basket ball with his friends...I couldn't help but see just for a minute a slightly taller red head that should have been out there too..but I am not sad because I know we will be with him again.

9 comments:

peppermint said...

Happy Pink Saturday Kandy. What a beautiful gesture to remember your little Paul. Every year when they bloom it's a good reminder that you will see him one day and get to hold him again. God bless you Kandy. Have a good weekend.
love, Patti

♥Mimi♥ said...

With our little PINK SATURDAY having a birthday this week, I am on "pink overload" and that is difficult to do to me! I'm lovin' it like crazy!

What lovely pinks this week you have, my dear. The better to see your through my rose colored glasses!☺

Have a great weekend. Not all that warm up in my neck of the woods but the sun is out and that makes the day good. I hope you are surrounded by those you love and that you, too, are bathed in sunshine.

peppermint said...

Hey Kandy1 I'm back again! Sure wish I was sitting on your porch having a cup of tea with some Poppy Seed Bread! Sure miss you!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

What a sweet way to honor Paul, Kandy! Bless you! Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Claudia said...

How lovely to have a rose bush in honor of your dear son. Bless you and Happy Pink Saturday!

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

God bless you, Kandy! I'm so glad you have the beautiful roses to bloom every year. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

this is a sweet post and I'm glad I get to read it. You have wonderful friends. And the rose bush is a nice additional way to remember him by. Those flowers are just beautiful and I hope it reminds you of how beautiful it is the place where he is now

Happy PS!

Li

someplace in thyme said...

It's so nice that you have something to remember that is as gorgeous as that, happy pink saturday, Char

Beverly said...

Thank you for the wishes, Kandy. And, thank you for always making Pink Saturday special.

Your memories of your sweet babe are precious.