Friday, April 3, 2009

Smile!!!!!

This is my mother....smiling like the little pig..in my kitchen..she would have thought this was funny...I really miss her since she decided it was time to go be with Jesus...I put her picture up today as a tribute of sorts...she passed away on April 1st in 2005....she is greatly missed ! I think I owe my love of pink to her..she always said that she craved pink when she was carrying me..she bought plates with roses on them...pink gowns....rose perfume from Avon for the hospital....she was a true red head and did'nt think pink was her color ....she said was me...how funny! Oh,how I wish I could give her a hug...

This little pink piggy makes me smile..she sits on my kitchen counter..sometimes filled with cookies and sometimes with suckers....sometimes empty....but always faithful to watch over the comings and goings in my little kitchen...
I know these are not pink but new shoes were meant to be shown off....we took a little shopping trip today and my daughter bought these for me..the salesman asked," me now who are these for and what size????" I said for me...he said "Oh...well cool..." I guess not many fat grannies buy cute shoes ....lol...


Go visit more pink ladies today we all love those comments!!!!
God Bless you !

15 comments:

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

I love your little pink pig, so cute, and great picture of your mom too, I really miss mine, she passed away the week before Christmas. And for the cute shoes? Love them!!! (too funny about the store clerk...cool!) lol I will wear cute shoes when I'm ninety!!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!!
♥ Teresa

Shabby Cottage Collectibles said...

I miss my Mom every day and she has been gone 10 years in November. You have such wonderful memories of your Mom. Thanks for sharing. Love the Pig! Warm wishes, Esther

peppermint said...

I'm sure "our moms" are having a wonderful time of celebration in heaven but we will always miss them here on earth. Love your pink pig! You go girl on the shoes, never mind that rude sales clerk! Love you sweetie! Thanks for my package! Happy Pink Saturday!

Smilingsal said...

Cute cookies jar. I miss my mom too. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday. Check out my book giveaways!

Come for Blue Monday.

Mimi said...

Pink Saturday is one of those times that I indulge myself and my ♥ of the color pink. Today your blog helped to fill my pink-a-licious desire. Thanks so much!

Your mom looks like she was such a joy to be around!

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Happy Pink Saturday Kandy! Love the pink piggie!

Blessings,
Sandi

Sares said...

Love the pink pig, love the shoes. Your Mom looks like she was a joyful person, her smile was fabulous in that picture, like she knew the joke was on her and she just didn't care! Happy Pink Day!

someplace in thyme said...

I think the tribute to your mother was a wonderful post. Your little piggie is cute and so is your post today, thankyou for sharing, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

She'sSewPretty said...

Your mom's picture just makes me smile. She looked so happy! And who says grannies can't wear cute shoes. I'm not a granny yet. Some day I hope and I would love to wear those shoes! Happy Pink Saturday!

Claudia said...

Love your pink post and what a lovely tribute to your Mother. Happy Pink Saturday!

Deanna said...

Kandy,
I'm so choked up that I can't see the screen.

I love the picture of your dear mother and the first song you have playing.



¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

Es said...

Great tribute to your mon, thanks for sharing!

Happy (belated) Pink Saturday (on Monday!)

X Es X

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

Ah, the shoes...so cute...I do see pink in those rhinestones...must be your mom shining through!

Still visiting PS posts today. Have a wonderful day.

Sarah Bella's said...

I miss Grandmother too...brought tears to my eyes to see her pic. OMG, I miss her sooooooo much! I love you & your shoes. LOL

Es said...

Oh yes...I see it! Great cookie-jar it is, you lucky lcuky girl!
Have a nice Sunday and see you next Pink Saturday! X Es X