Friday, February 27, 2009

Looking through rose colored curtains...

I took all my heavy burgandy and deep rose colors out of this basket and lightened things up with these pretty pink flowers and I put a string of pink lights in with them...they look so nice in the evening.
Sarah( from Sarah Bellas)( she is my third child) and I went shopping this afternoon I have had my eye on this one flower....it is huge and PINK so she put it her cart and said I'm getting this for you....she is a sweetie..Thank you ,Sarah. This handsome guy is my # 6 child...Joseph..he posed for the picture then said..."Don't put it up"...SSSHHH dont tell him.
I did alittle cleaning this last week and washed curtains and took some from the bed room and put them in the living room...but I really wanted PINK sheers but was short on cash...ssssooo...I washed my off white lace sheers with red curtains in HOT water and this is the lovely shade of PINK I got...

n
Put out a few Easter things when I cleaned...the big bunny belongs to Elizabeth my youngest.



I decorated this little house with paint and glitter and then added all the pretty embellishments.. I was going to sell it in my Lollishop but it just looked so cute sitting here.
I know this is a longer post than usual but did'nt know what to not put up.....I have a friend who is new to blogging her blog is Patticakes...she is suppose to be participating in Pink Saturday so stop by her blog and maked her feel welcome...Thank you...Beverly for hosting us !

18 comments:

zoebabie said...

Hi, I find you so smart the way to make your off white lace sheers with red curtains in HOT water and finally lovely shade of PINK u got!
I might follow ur way to my own sheer too LOL:)

Thanks for sharing
XOXO
Zoe

Debbie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely posts!

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

What a charming room. That pink flower is beautiful. And normally, people would hate to combine colored cloths with whites during laundry because of disaster. But that light shade of pink curtain sure is not a disaster :-)

Happy Pink Saturday!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

This is very sweet. I love the bunny and the Easter lovelies you set out.
blessings,
Debbie

Sarah Bella's said...

I love the picture of Joseph.. LOL He is so handsome even when he is being silly. I love you.

Riet said...

That is a great idea, washing your off white curtains with red curtains. Nust think if that dor future plans. Happy pink Saturday

Llyn M said...

Sweet! Happy PS!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, such pretty pinks! That was sweet of your daughter, too!

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Happy Pink Day! Your lacey curtains turned out a yummy pink! Good job!

Blessings,
Sandi

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lovely pink photos!


~ Gabriela ~

Mimi said...

Thanks so much for sharing this week. I can't think of anything to cheer me up more in my sub-zero temps than a Pink Saturday. Your offering is marvelous!

peppermint said...

Kandy, your decorating is so inspiring! How clever to wash your sheers with the curtains and get that beautiful shade of pink! Can you come over to my place and decorate it for me?

Susan said...

Happy Pink Saturday

Susan

Claudia said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely post.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

am doing my pink saturday round, late this week.. I love your room.. so pretty.. thanks for sharing.. have a great week!

Terri said...

My favorite of all these lovely pink items was the sheers.

Happy Pink day!!!

Shabby Cottage Collectibles said...

Thanks for sharing all your pink! Have a wonderful weekend, Esther

Debra said...

Love the softness and decor. Great Pink Saturday!