Friday, January 23, 2009

Gerber baby....

I have been busy this past week getting this package ready to mail to my great niece ...Gracie. I crocheted around socks and a receiving blanket...put in a little gown and cute black shoes...

but the best thing about this week was this Gerber baby doll...my daughter...Sarah, from Sarah Bella's brought this to me as a surprise she found her on eBay....when my girls were little they each had on of these....the last one was red and my oldest son had poked her eyes out......I had thought that one of the girls might want the old one for a keepsake but they did not..Christmas I was looking for one for my youngest daughter...Sarah heard me owing and ah hing over how sweet they are and they don't make them as cute nowadays.....she is 30 years old...I can't believe I have a doll that is 30...am I that old??? Well ,that's my PINK for today! You ladies have a lovely weekend....thanks for stopping by and God Bless you!

9 comments:

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Good morning and Happy Pink Saturday. Those tiny shoes are adorable! Love all your pinks!

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Beautiful crocheting ...wow

Happy Pink Saturday.

IsabellasCloset said...

Kandy, What adorable crochet socks & branket..They will be treasured I'm sure.
How sweet of your daughter Sarah to buy you the darling doll!
Please stop by blog I'm having a Pink Saturday blog banner give-a-way. Thanks and have a fun Pink Saturday! ~Mary~:-}

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kandy, these are just so cute. Your crochet work is so pretty. My sister does this, too, and I treasure my pieces she's done for me.

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Muse said...

How lucky she is...and talented you are!

Sarah Bella's said...

I am honored that you used your baby as your pink post:) I am glad that you liked it so much! I love you, Sarah

Joy said...

I'd never heard of a Gerber Baby doll before! The face is darling. :o)

CC said...

I love your pinks and the tint socks with your crocheted edging is just wonderful. Happy belated Pink Saturday..may your week be filled with all things wonderful.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kandy. I'm still out doing my Pink Saturday visits. I just can't get to everyone in one day anymore.

I love the Gerber baby. My mother had one of these in her collection, but her doll had blue checks instead of pink.

I do believe you are going to make one little girl very happy.