Friday, January 16, 2009

Gifts in the mail..

Morning Ladies...
My Pink for today is from a very dear friend of mine... Patti..she is so talented and sweet.I got a package in the mail Monday and it was this pretty little lady and a beautiful calendar...she started sending me a calendar every year for my birthday which is the 7th of Jan....and has done so for many years.....every now and then she surprises me with a box full of goodies from the scrapbook store where she works...she moved away from my home town about 27 years ago and we have stayed friends all these years....one year my family gave me a BIG surprise for my birthday and was her! They flew her from Washington and she just walked in...oh! boy! was I surprised...after a hug... we took right up where we left off all those years before. I am in the process if setting her up a blog..we will have to get her started on Pink Saturday..huh? Well, she did a lovely job on this piece ...... I hung it around my angels neck..looks Valentiney doesn't it? Have a good day....
God Bless
Kandy





Thanks Patti!

12 comments:

G. Bloom said...

Happy Pink Saturday,
what a touching story! Thanks for sharing.
Gina

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a talented friend...and nice, too! Happy Pink Saturday!

Angie said...

I love that you have remained such wonderful friends after all these years! She did a beautiful job on the plaque! Happy Pink Saturday!

Belinda said...

Awwww...what a sweet story of a lasting friendship. She is very talented...she will enjoy blogging for sure, and definitely sounds like a Pink Saturday kind of gal! :-)

Sue at Stampndaly said...

Very pretty!!Happy Pink Saturday!

caren said...

What a surprise for your birthday and with a pink present!

Beverly said...

What a wonderful and special friend. True friendship endures years and miles.

Happy Pink Saturday.

White Iris Designs said...

So very sweet...That is a wonderful thing to receive ...especially from a dear friend.

Lorri said...

Happy pink saturday. Loved the story.
Lorri

Lana said...

Lovely post for Pink Saturday! I visited your other blog, too. Well done.

All the best, Lana

The Muse said...

Sorry I'm so late in posting my comments...work has taken me on a few travels as of late...but now that I am able, I certainly wanted to "visit".

Our cottage, The Painted Nest is not abundant in PINK (gasp, I know, LOL) nonetheless the fun continues, as I participated in this past Sat. Pink Posting... :)

Happy to be here this evening to celebrate your lovely little offering coming by post :) were you surprised!? :)

Haute Country Vintage Co. said...

Sooo sweet! I so enjoy your blog :) You've got a blog award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!